Hi, my name is Lori Ann Blakeley.

Welcome to my Web site developed and maintained on my behalf by my father, Larry Blakeley. http://www.royblakeley.name/larry_blakeley/larryblakeley_photos_jpeg.htm

My father also manages the following Web sites:

Larry Blakeley (Contact Info: larry at larryblakeley.com)

Major Roy James Blakeley (USAF - KIA) (December 10, 1928 - July 22, 1965) - my grandfather

Leslie Blakeley Adkins - my older sister

Evan Blakeley- my younger brother 

A Web page for giving notices of interest to visitors here. http://www.loriblakeley.name/notices_of_interest.htm

Various letters and notes here. http://www.loriblakeley.name/various_notes_letters.htm

What my brother, Evan Blakeley is up to with his baseball. http://www.evanblakeley.name

My mother's walking club for the students at Cockrell Hill Elementary School, DeSoto, Texas http://www.loriblakeley.name/article_dallas_morning_news_jackie_blakeley20070601.htm


[DjVu image of original journal entries http://www.loriblakeley.name/loriblakeley_scrapbook/loriblakeley_journal_hiking.djvu]

Important Note: You will need to click this icon to download the free needed to view this image as well as a couple other images on this Web site - just a couple of clicks and you're "good to go." DjVu images are used extensively on the Web site http://www.royblakeley.name/index.htm. For reasons why - go here. http://www.royblakeley.name/lizardtech_djvu.htm


I learned that if we trust in God then you can do anything. When I was climbing the mountain I didn't think I could do it, but I did it with the help of God. Then when we had to hike in the rain I thought I was going to die, but I'm ok.


Today I think was the hardest day. We climbed 3 extra hard miles that were full of steep hills and we all had no strength left to go on by ourself. That was when I prayed to God and asked him to give me strength and also to help Giggles because she was tired and could not go on. Well both of my requests came true. I made it up to the top and some people helped Giggles by first taking some of her weight off her pack and then by taking her pack all together. I know the only way all of us made it was because of God being there and caring for us about half of the trip. Before the hard time I was very tired. I don't know about the others. I really needed a break and obviously God knew that to because after our group split up with the faster ones taking all the tent stuff and going without waiting for us, they set up camp and waited for us because we had to take a couple of breaks. They thought we might be there maybe 30 - 45 minutes after they got there. Well that didn't happen because we came up to a clearing where we could sit. And there were 2 ways to go. Since we didn't have a map we didn't know where to go. We stayed there till we talked to the faster group on the walkie talkie (which was hours later).

I learned that no matter what, we have to trust God. He will be there.

Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Hebrews 3:12-15 "See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, ...... so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.'"

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."


Today's hike was fairly easy, but there was still 1 hard mountain and a very dangerous climb. I was terrified when we climbed because we had to walk through snow and it was very slippery. It was on a really big hill so if you fell you would die. Well we wouldn't because Spike stood there to spot us. I made it up there and the view was spectacular. You can't even explain it. A camera would not justify how beautiful it was. Well after that the hike was very easy - downhill all the way. We stopped once for a water break and lunch and then headed out. Oh, by the way, we had a back rubbing train that felt so good because it was so tense from the pack.

We headed out and pasted a guy from Dallas and his son (is of age) that had memorized the map and told us we were going the right direction and said that we would pass a creek, and we did. But after that the trail kind of ended and we didn't know what to do. It was really fun because we got to rest and we had a war of throwing these things. I can't think of what they are called. I got hit in the eye and it hurt for a while, but I got over it. We stayed there and slept outside by ourself - separated from everybody - so we could spend time with God. So it is only me and God.

I learned that God will never give me something I can't handle.